LTSS Service Coordinator
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Remote with local travel to Union County Service Area
The LTSS Service Coordinator is responsible for overall management of member's individual service plan within the scope of position, as required by applicable state law and contract; develops, monitors, and revises the member's service plan to meet the member's needs, with the goal of optimizing member health care across the care continuum.
- Responsible for performing face-to-face, and some telephonic, non-clinical assessments using a tool with predefined response options for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's non-clinical long term service and support needs.
- Identifies members with potential clinical health care needs (including, but not limited to, potential for high risk complications) and refers those members' cases to the clinical healthcare management team.
- Manages non-clinical needs of members with chronic illnesses, comorbidities, and/or disabilities, to insure cost effective and efficient utilization of long term services and supports.
- Obtains a thorough and accurate member history to develop an individual service plan.
- Establishes short and long term service and support goals in collaboration with the member, caregivers, family, natural supports, physicians; identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of service or other waiver programs.
- Requires BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience working with a social work agency; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- BA/BS degree field of study in health care related field preferred. Specific education, years, and type of experience may be required based upon state law and contract requirements.
- Experience with chronic illnesses, comorbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator, Case Management, Advocate or similar role preferred.
- Computer skills to include Excel and Outlook.
- Local travel required within assigned territory.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against Covid-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.