Behavioral Health Case Manager I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Behavioral Health Case Manager I
Location: Must reside and be licensed in North Carolina
Hours: Monday - Friday day shift (must be available to cover holidays)
Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs. Primary duties may include but are not limited to: Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops care plan to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of care plan and modifies plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost effective care.
- Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Requires MA/MS in social work, counseling, or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing, and a minimum of 3 years clinical experience in social work counseling with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license such as RN, LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, or LMFT to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in the state of North Carolina.
- Must reside and be licensed in North Carolina.
- Experience in case management and telephonic and/or in-person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.