DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Duties & Responsibilities
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for end to end application, system development and maintenance on medium or semi complex technology platforms within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department.
• Writes correct and clean code with limited guidance while ensuring following best practices.
• Partners with internal and/or external stakeholder to better understand business requirements.
• Analyzes and classifies semi-complex change request and identifies and documents possible system code enhancements.
• Participates in developing application scope and objectives and preparing functional and/or technical specifications.
• Partner with designers and other web team members to better understand and apply the right marketing focused content.
• Codes and maintains semi-complex components of information systems.
• Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
• Understand testing best practices.
• Participates in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
• Develops a general understanding of how the work fits in to the larger project and identifies problems or issues in requirements.
• Provides on call support and monitors the system for semi-complex issues as needed.
• Facilitates small group design sessions or code reviews and participates in vendor evaluation.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 1-year experience on one platform; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• 2+ years of working with modern web development stack - React / Redux / Hooks on Front-End, Node.JS, Express on Backend
• Experience with writing unit and integration testing
• Experience building and architecting scalable system
• Object Oriented Python
• Advanced SQL
• Experience working with Snowflake, Airflow, ETL / Data Processing
• Healthcare and/or PBM experience
• Multi database, multi-language or multi business application experience
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed. Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are eligible for overtime pay based on California employment law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.