BH Care Manager I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Remote Based - required to work Central Standard Time schedule. Seeking candidates that are licensed in either of the states of Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, South Dakota or Texas.
The BH Care Manager I is responsible for managing psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder facility-based and outpatient professional treatment health benefits through telephonic or written review.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs to ensure access to medically necessary quality behavioral healthcare in a cost effective setting in accordance with UM Clinical Guidelines and contract.
- Refers cases to Peer Reviewers as appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder assessment coordination implementation case planning monitoring and evaluating to promote quality member outcomes to optimize member health benefits and to promote effective use of health benefits and community resources.
- Requires MA/MS in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing, and minimum of 3 years of experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license, such as RN LCSW LMSW LMHC LPC LBA (as allowed by applicable state laws) LMFT or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in applicable states or territory of the United States required.
- Requires the ability to become licensed in the state of Iowa in a timely manner.
- Licensure is a requirement for this position. However, for states that do not require licensure a Board Certified Behavioral Analyst (BCBA) is also acceptable if all of the following criteria are met; performs UM approvals only, reviews requests for Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) services only, and there is licensed staff supervision.
- Previous experience in case management/utilization management with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric/substance abuse cases preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.