Information Security Executive Advisor
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Develops strategic and tactical plans for a comprehensive enterprise-wide Data Classification and Inventory Program. Leads the development of policies, technical standards, guidelines, procedures, and other elements of an infrastructure necessary to support information security within the Program in compliance with established company policies, regulatory requirements, and generally accepted information security controls. Responsible for collaborating with critical Program stakeholders to implement the end-to-end Program requirements from the beginning of data in the environment to the end of the data’s lifecycle in the environment.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes data architecture oversight and planning for technologies to support Program initiatives;
- Leads development of an information security risk management program that includes business, regulatory, industry practices and technical environment considerations;
- Establishes strategic vendor relationships for security products and services;
- Develops enterprise-wide plans and strategies that includes collaboration with business, data office, compliance, privacy, records retention, and legal constituents and requirements;
- Provides advanced level engineering design vision.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT and business management approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major security technologies serving the Enterprise.
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to the technical engineers within the organization.
- Participates in the design of the Program’s architecture.
- Proposes opportunities to improve results based on targeted or continuous assessment.
- Researches relevant trends and activities in healthcare, business, competition and regulatory environments; recommends strategy adjustments.
- Participates in enterprise planning activity, including vendor assessment, technology platform selection & retirement, prioritization and integration.
- Provides leadership to other Program supporting individual contributors.
- Routinely acts as a subject matter expert for executive management, risk management, audit, and legal.
An ideal candidate for this position supporting the Data Classification and Inventory Program will have experience with various data structures, database structures, data platforms – including on premises and Cloud environments, data models, and data services. Prior experience in a Data Classification and Inventory Program or initiative is key. Proven track record of successfully implementing large-scale initiatives with funding requirements and stakeholder buy-in is critical.
Must be capable of providing top-tier support for 6 or more of the information security technology common body of knowledge skill sets: 1) Access Control, 2) Application Security, 3) Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning, 4) Cryptography, 5) Information Security and Risk Management 6) Legal, Regulations, 7) Compliance and Investigations, 8) Operations Security, 9) Physical (Environmental) Security, 10) Security Architecture and Design, 11) Telecommunications and Network Security.
Requires BS/BA in Information Technology or related field of study and a minimum of 10 years experience in systems administration and security aspects of information systems, access management and network security technologies, network communications, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management, hardware, software, data, and people; experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Broad-based experience to plan and design highly complex systems is strongly preferred.
Expert knowledge and understanding of industry-accepted data processing controls and concepts strongly preferred as applied to Security Certifications: CISSP preferred and other advanced technical security certifications (e.g. Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, Information Systems Security Engineering Professional, Certification and Accreditation or equivalent certifications).
(CO Colorado Pay)
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $129,000 - $162,200
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.