DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Engineer Lead
Location: Team is based out of Richmond VA, can be remote with EST working hours.
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company. This role is responsible for full delivery of end to end system development and maintenance on medium Enterprise wide technology platforms. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements and leads requirements gathering meetings.
- Leads requirements gathering meetings and reviews designs with the business.
- Leads efforts with Web and marketing team to increase the presence of web products.
- May implement improvements in stability, performance, and scalability across major business-critical systems.
- May implement process to reduce barriers and roadblocks in projects, services, and processes in order to operate more efficiently.
- Owns the change request process and coordinates with other teams as necessary.
- Develops and owns list of final enhancements.
- Develops and defines application scope and objectives and supervises the preparation of technical and/or functional specifications from with programs will be written.
- Performs technical design reviews and code reviews.
- Ensures unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Responsible for delivery of application technology solutions and data information planning effort.
- Coordinates and manages on-call support and owns the system monitoring process.
- Ability to coordinate solution from design to delivery.
- Owns the technical development environment and works on the Enterprise team.
- Leads multiple or large projects and facilitates large group JAD sessions for requirements, modeling in several disciplines.
- Leads vendor evaluation and analysis.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years related experience; multi platform, multi-dimensional experience, and expert level experience with business and technical applications; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Cloud implementation experience (GCP, AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Worked CI/CD processes and tool sets
- Mobile Development experience.
- Experience with Agile process and Scaled Agile Framework.
- Multi database and/or multi language strongly preferred.
- Experience mentoring others and provide troubleshooting support strongly preferred.
- Experience in working with business partners in helping them identify the need.
- Mentor developers and development leads.
- Define vision of the technology architecture and lead the execution of it
- Ability to collaborate and work with multiple stakeholders across different organization
- Able to simplify complex problems for ease of execution.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.