Lead Pega Infrastructure Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Lead Pega Infrastructure Engineer
The Lead Pega Infrastructure Engineer performs analysis and research of systems and networks and reviews detailed business and technical requirements in order to recommend technical solutions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
· Acts as Lead Pega Infrastructure Engineer for high volume Claims Processing Pega Environment
- Strong experience building Pega PRPC environment, configuration and troubleshooting.
- In depth experience implementing Pega PRPC on Linux based systems.
- Experience defining node classifications on the environment.
- Evaluating merits and risks of upgrades; coordinating with appropriate staff to execute smoke test for deployed applications.
- Responsible for generating appropriate system level documentation and knowledge base training documentation, deployment guide, System monitoring build guide, smoke test guide, etc.
- Strong knowledge on performance tuning of the platform.
- Experience integrating with external systems using industry standard protocols such REST, SOAP, JMS and similar such.
- Ensure all applications developed have a high degree of integrity, reliability and availability to meet the requirements of the online transaction processing environment.
- Experience with building a variety of highly available redundant Enterprise and Open-source Middleware application servers, configuration and troubleshooting.
- Hands on skill working on Oracle Exadata.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, advice and knowledge transfer to all support staff on all aspects of client/server computing, programming, database technology, networking within a multi-protocol environment.
- Build DevOps pipelines as per the defined guidelines using a combination of open source and proprietary toolset.
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Provides second level engineering design functions.
- Develops complex solutions from business requirements and architectural specifications.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management's approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving a business unit or location.
- Directs the construction of architecture components (e.g., data architecture, application architecture, technical architecture). Consults with application leaders to verify applications/technology conform to architecture standards.
- Sets vendor strategy and direction; oversees adherence.
- Designs and engineers comprehensive technical solutions based on business requirements and defined technology standards; works with architecture to update technology direction and strategy.
- Researches relevant trends and activities in healthcare, business, competition and regulatory environments; recommends strategy adjustments. Serves as technical merger and acquisition lead as needed.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years experience in information systems, computer networking, telecommunications, systems development and management; significant experience with multiple technical and business disciplines required; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Pega System Architect Certification or other PEGA Certification perferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.