Pharmacy Customer Associate I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At EasyScripts a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Pharmacy Customer Associate I is responsible for responding to basic customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding pharmacy retail and mail order prescriptions.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with functions within the company to ensure customer requests are handled and resolved appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Interacts with internal and external customers (could include subscribers, providers, group or benefit administrators, physician offices, third party representatives, and other Blue Cross Plans) to provide claims, customer service, and/or membership support.
- Completes necessary research to provide proactive, thorough solutions.
- Displays ownership of service requests ensuring high quality resolution and follow-thru.
- Supports and guides the customer with their personal options and decisions and helps the customer become knowledgeable and confident about using technology, tools and resources available to them.
- High School diploma and a minimum of 18 months of experience in customer service and/or health insurance industry; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual in English/ Spanish preferred.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.