Outreach Care Specialist
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Beacon Health Options, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
For more than 30 years, Beacon Health Options has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 37 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, our mission is to help people live their lives to the fullest potential. Beacon offers superior clinical mental health and substance use disorder management, a comprehensive employee assistance program, work/life support, specialty programs for autism and depression, and insightful analytics to improve the delivery of care.
The Outreach Care Specialist is responsible for ensuring that appropriate member treatment plans are followed on less complex cases and for proactively identifying ways to improve the health of our members and meet quality goals.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates follow-up care plan needs for members by scheduling appointments or enrolling members in programs.
- Assesses member compliance with medical treatment plans via telephone or through on-site visits.
- Identifies barriers to plan compliance and coordinates resolutions.
- Identifies opportunities that impact quality goals and recommends process improvements.
- Recommends treatment plan modifications and determines need for additional services, in conjunction with case management and provider.
- Coordinates identification of and referral to local, state or federally funded programs.
- Coaches members on ways to reduce health risks.
- Prepares reports to document case and compliance updates.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with agencies identified in appropriate contract.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must have availability to work between the hours of 8:30am - 7:30pm.
- BS/BA degree in a related field preferred.
- Behavioral health experience highly preferred.
- Bilingual candidates preferred.
- Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.