Manager II Case Management - Remote
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Manager II Case Management
Shift: 10am-7pm EST or 12pm-9pm EST
The Manager II Case Management is responsible for managing a team of nurse care managers engaged in assessing, developing, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating care plans designed to optimize member health care across the care continuum and ensuring member access to services appropriate to their health needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for process improvement, quality assurance, and adherence to appropriate medical policy, care management best practices, relevant clinical standards, and member contract.
• Serves as mentor to lower leveled managers and as subject matter expert for other areas of the company and within the department.
• Manages multiple functions requiring unique sets of knowledge or has significant fiscal accountability.
• Develops and manages annual operating budget.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• Requires BA/BS in a health related field and minimum of 5 years of clinical experience which includes a minimum of 2 years prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current, unrestricted RN license in applicable state(s) required.
• For URAC accredited areas the following applies: Requires BA/BS and minimum of 5 years of clinical care experience which includes a minimum of 2 years prior management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Current and active RN license required in applicable state(s).
• Managers who have directly supervised the case management process for 3 or more years must hold a certification as a case manager and meet continuing education requirements to maintain licensure and certification.
• Certification as a Case Manager is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.