Business Analyst II, III or Business Consultant
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
**Note: This position may be filled at the Business Analyst III or Business Consultant level depending on candidates’ skills, experience, and education.**
Location: Work @ Home - reside two hours from an Anthem office.
Hours: Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm Local
Business Analyst II, III or Business Consultant levels serve as a liaison between business and IT and are responsible for translating moderately complex and varied business needs into application software requirements. Possesses full technical knowledge of most phases of systems and business analysis and is able to consider the business implications of the application of technology to current and future business environments.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
Business Analyst II/III
• Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex business needs.
• Develops project plans and identifies and coordinates resources, involving those outside the unit.
• Works with programming staff to ensure requirements will be incorporated into system design and testing.
• Acts as a resource to users of the software to address questions/issues.
• May provide direction and guidance to team members and serves as an expert for the team
• Analyzes complex end user needs to determine optimal means of meeting those needs.
• May lead teams of analysts assigned to complex projects.
• Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs.
• Analyzes and designs solutions to address complex and varied business needs.
• Consults with business partners concerning application and implementation of technology.
• Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 3 years (Level II Business Analyst III) 5 years (Business Analyst III) or 8 years (business Consultant) business analysis experience, which should include analysis and project management; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
• Knowledge and experience within WGS, ISG, ODS, Solution Central, Availity, Employer Portal, or Consumer Portal
• Comfort leading cross functional meetings to achieve desired outcomes
• Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, sensitive data handling instructions.
• Knowledge of systems capabilities and business operations is strongly preferred – especially within Service Experience, Digital Platforms and Portals, or Accumulators.
• Working knowledge of JIRA Enterprise and JIRA Business
• Development of PowerPoint decks and Visio process diagrams preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.