Bus Info Developer Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Business Information Developer Sr is responsible for developing and executing more complex data mining analyses, which involves the design and execution of programs to extract data.
Location: 100% Remote
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and executes data mining analyses.
- Uses program languages to extract data.
- Programs and writes algorithms and reports.
- Establishes and maintains strong knowledge of data warehouse database design, data definitions, system capabilities, related programming languages, and data integrity issues.
- Develops and supports algorithms for use in applications for business areas and may require design and implementation of database tables.
- Conducts education/training on use of algorithms developed.
- The majority of time will be spent programming.
- Requires a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 2 years related analytical experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages required.
- PC, spreadsheet, and database skills strongly preferred.
- Experience in standard Business Information tools and programming/query languages preferred.
- Knowledge of JSON and HIVE data structures is also preferred.
- MS Office and database skills, as well as advanced data, design and reporting using Excel is preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.