Manager Senior Engineering
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At AIM Specialty Health (AIM), a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Responsible for maintaining and implementing the technology strategic solutions related to end to end application and system development, delivery, testing, and support within assigned client group, business unit or corporate department and utilizing various customer technology platforms.
Location: This position eligible for full time remote schedule. Location within 50 miles of an Anthem office; preferred locations are Chicago IL, Atlanta GA, Indianapolis, IN. All other locations will be considered.
Responsible for Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, directing, and controlling resources and initiatives to accomplish the objectives and requirements defined by senior technology leadership and product management across multiple teams.
- Project scoping and ensuring reasonable product delivery.
- Manages multiple system and or application products of varying complexity.
- Assists with budget development and deployment.
- Manages processes and receives assignments in the form of objectives and requirements from technology and product management in order to meet goals.
- Identifies and resolves hurdles.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
- Interacts with stakeholder in order to understand new product enhancements or features being requested.
- Evaluates all directives, change orders, and projects as to their impact on tactical plans, budgets, and contract compliance.
- Oversees and implements new subsystems, procedures and techniques; manages implementation/integration projects to ensure deliverables.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Requires a BA/BS in Computer Science, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience leading project teams, application software development, maintenance or implementation and support, including a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience; or a;ny combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Agile Experience (SAFe is a plus)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.