Internal Auditor Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Description - External
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Responsible for performing more complex financial/operational audits to ensure that activities performed by organizational units are planned and executed with management instructions, applicable statements of policy and procedures, sound principles of internal control, and in a manner consistent with both company and high standards of administrative practice.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Audits the accounting, operational and statistical data of various departments, divisions, and locations in order to verify accuracy.
- Audits the activities of various departments for compliance with plans, policies and procedures prescribed by management.
- Determines proper accountability of assets through physical count, inventory and confirmation.
- Prepares and submits reports on the results of audits, recommending improvements in policies and procedures.
- Audits accounting records of contractors regarding agreements where the company is a party of interest.
- Cooperates with outside auditors in any undertaking that may expedite their work.
Qualifications - External
- Requires a BA/BS in accounting or finance and a minimum of 4 years related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Travel of up to 30% possible.
- If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a 'sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions.
- Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions.
- Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
- CPA/CIA/CISA certification
- Project management, process improvement, and quality oversight backgrounds
- Health Insurance Experience
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.