IT Quality Control Analyst Senior/Test Automation Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: 50% remote- Hybrid (Must be within commutable distance to Anthem Office location)
Identifies and creates test assets and performs application testing. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and coordinates testing for small to medium initiatives.
- Identifies, creates, and executes the appropriate Manual and Automation Test Assets (plans, cases, scripts, metrics) to assure the developed application conforms to requirements and design.
- Coordinates/executes testing across multiple testing phases, including SIT, UAT, and Regression.
- Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure developed application conforms to requirements and design.
- Leads Peer Reviews to ensure the completeness of all Test Assets created. Ensures all applicable SDLC and testing processes are followed.
- Executes linkage from test plan to test scenarios and test cases.
- Assists in the creation of or creates and communicates all testing deliverable(s) (MTP, TES, etc. Identifies when test automation is appropriate.
- Coordinates, identifies, and executes test cases. Identifies, reports, and reviews defects in assessing application quality.
- Leads defect triage for smaller or medium initiatives.
- Collects testing metrics, reports status as defined in test plan with supporting data.
- Provides consultation/mentoring to staff members and application support groups regarding quality and testing.
- May participate in the transition of software and systems into production.
- Identifies and collects Test Data for test execution.
- Accountable for Test Data Management, collection of requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories, ID gaps, and owns test data provisioning tasks.
- Skilled on test automation methodologies (ATTD) and tool suites, such as Selenium, Gherkin.
- Proficient with DB technology (SQL, Oracle), Scripting languages, Rest assured API and browser-based testing
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum 3 years executing application testing and/or IT quality experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Quality Certification, such as CSTE, CSQA, CMST, CSQE strongly preferred.
- Prior experience of enabling test automation for large systems
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.