Advanced Analytics Analyst, Sr Analyst (Job Family)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Advanced Analytics team creates analytic structures and statistical comparisons and models to assess questions related to quality, use, and cost of health care and predict, classify, quantify, or forecast relevant metrics. This role will be a key member of a new team developing an integrated analytic system for Anthem’s Enterprise Analytics Hub.
Advanced Analytics Senior Analyst
Creates statistical models to predict, classify, quantify, and/or forecast business metrics. Design modeling studies to address specific business issues determined by consultation with business partners. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares analytical data sets supporting modeling studies Build, test, and validate data structures and statistical models. Publishes results and address constraints/limitations with high-level business partners.
- Proactively collaborates with business partners to determine identified population segments and develop actionable plans to identify patterns related to quality, use, cost, and other variables.
Advanced Analytics Analyst
Employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Performs established analysis for routine diagnoses of quality, use, cost and other variables for opportunity assessments;
- Executes identification and stratification algorithm to select the right members for the targeted solution; develops the technical definition of outcome metrics to assess outcomes; performs defined analyses to assess proper outcome metrics for various programs/initiative;
- Builds, tests, and validates statistical models under supervision;
- Contributes to researches and publications by performing basic analyses, preparing data and documenting results.
- Understands the pitfalls and limitations with analyzing practical data and the ability to ensure data and analysis quality; basic knowledge of common analytical methods such as profiling a customer segment, experimental design and regression analysis.
- Solves well defined analytical problems independently; delivers assignment/projects timely and accurately;
- Collaborates with other analytical team members effectively; presents analyses effectively to analytical audience;
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and motivated to master analytical skills.
Advanced Analytics Sr Analyst Requirements
- Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, cognitive science, economics, or operations research, a minimum of 3 years direct experience programming large, multi-source datasets with SAS required, and a minimum of 3 years in health care setting; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background. PhD preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced expertise with software such as SAS Stat, SAS ETS, SAS Enterprise Miner or equivalents strongly preferred.
- Experience with Teradata, SQL, SQL Server, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to design modeling studies and experience with data models, addressing data quality issues in study design, constructing robust and efficient analytical data sets strongly preferred.
- Significant experience in healthcare related field strongly preferred.
- The ability to present meaningful results to a business audience, to participate collaboratively in a team tasked to produce complex analyses on a rigorous schedule, to communicate with strong written and verbal communications skills, and to present to large multi-disciplinary audiences on a regular basis strongly preferred.
Advanced Analytics Analyst Requirements
- Requires Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research. Experience in healthcare informatics, epidemiology or related health service would also be preferred
- 0-3 years direct experience applying statistical/analytical tools to solve research/practical problems; Some exposure to health care or related fields preferable; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ideal candidates should have working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools; working experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent database tools.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.