Agile Product Owner Senior (Remote)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Work Location - Remote
• Responsible for acting as a member of the Agile leadership team and is the functional and/or client (or business) representative for a project or set of projects within a market-focus to ensure stakeholder satisfaction and business value delivered.
• Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Serves as the customer proxy and therefore is the liaison between the business and the Scrum Teams; translating features into user stories within a teams backlog and managing, ranking and prioritizing this backlog so that it is reflective of stakeholder requirements and priorities.
• Final testing and acceptance of the user stories supporting the features.
• Effectively communicate to the team the stakeholder needs so the teams delivery meets both contractual requirements and established acceptance criteria, including expected quality and performance and to complete various work management activities according to defined service level commitments and process compliancy guidelines.
• Collaborate with team(s) to discover and deliver the best solution to the market problem(s) presented by the Product Manager (business).
• Works with the business to understand coordinate ranking and prioritize business needs and plan solutions to ensure that each release provides business value to end users sales and marketing.
• Manage the solution concept development process to ensure the product team understand the direction and vision.
• Create and maintain regularly backlog of work through the project's life cycle.
• Understands how to write user stories and their acceptance criteria.
• Translates the product backlog into user stories.
• Serve as the Product Management (business) proxy and decision point to represent the stakeholders in the project.
• Reviews and accepts/rejects results both during a Sprint and in the Sprint review.
• Attends sprint ceremonies and is available to team during the sprint for clarifications and acceptance of user stories. Creates and/or inputs into a projects release plan.
• Presents work to team from Team Backlog during Sprint Planning for acceptance by the Team in a Sprint negotiates Sprint goals with the Team.
• Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 5 years experience with writing business/functional requirements and experience implementing Agile methodologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Leading SAFe (SA) certification, CSPO or equivalent (Certified Scrum Product Owner) and/or SPO/PM (SAFE Product Owner/Product Manager) strongly preferred.
Possible Travel up to 15%
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.