DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Pasteur, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, |nd the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Optometry Assistant is responsible for assisting the optometrist in the eye examination and corrective procedure.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Greets all patients and visitors. Identifies the patient by verifying patient name and date of birth.
- Assists optometrist with examination and maintains patient information in Electronic Health Record system.
- Takes patient history and performs preliminary examination of patient.
- Explains eye exercises to patients and monitors vision therapy.
- Assists with patient pre-testing such as visual acuity, color vision, depth perception, pupil reflexes, visual field testing, pressure inside the eye and blood pressure.
- Ensures patient understanding of proper care and use of glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Verifies and completes all necessary paperwork for patients.
- Serves as a liaison between referrals department and the Ophthalmologist's office assisting with collection of the consultation notes and scheduling appointments.
- Requires High School diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year experience in an optometry practice as well as previous experience in healthcare environment and medical terminology; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Valid Optometric Technician certificate preferred
- Experience with electronic health record software (NextGen) preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.