LTSS Service Coordinator-Clinician
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Remote position with upwareds of 50% local travel. The employee will be assigned to any of the following based upon residence: Tarrant, Denton, Hood, Johnson, Wise and Parker Counties
The LTSS Service Coordinator Clinician, working under the direction/supervision of an RN, with overall responsibility for the member's case, as required by applicable state law and contract, contributes to the LTSS care coordination process by performing activities within the scope of licensure including, for example, assisting the responsible RN with telephonic assessments for the identification, evaluation, coordination and management of member's needs, including physical health, behavioral health, social services and long term services and supports.
- Assists responsible RN in identifying members for high risk complications.
- Obtains clinical data as directed by the responsible RN.
- Assists the responsible RN in identifying members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Provides all information collected to the responsible RN, who verifies and interprets the information, conducts additional assessments, as necessary, and develops, monitors, evaluates, and revises the member's care plan to meet the member's needs.
- Participates in coordinating care for members with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities as directed by responsible RN, and in conjunction with the RN, member and the health care team, to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of health benefits.
- Decision making skills will be based upon the current needs of the member and require an understanding of disease processes and terminology and the application of clinical guidelines but do not require nursing judgment.
- Requires an LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, or LMSW or license other than RN in accordance with applicable state law and Nursing Diploma or AS in Nursing or a related field and minimum of 2 years of experience in working with individuals with chronic illnesses, co-morbidities, and/or disabilities in a Service Coordinator or similar role; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current, unrestricted LPN/LVN, LSW, LCSW, LMSW or license other than RN (as allowed by state law) in applicable state(s) required.
- MA/MS in Health/Nursing preferred.
- Star+Plus Waiver experience/knowledge preferred
- Experience with Medicaid Money Follows the Person preferred
- Current relationships with community resources in Tarrant County service delivery area preferred
- May require state-specified certification based on state law and/or contract.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.