DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Sign on Bonus of $500 for all successfully hired candidates!!
Your Talent. Our Vision. At WellMax a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Driver I is responsible for timely and accurate delivery services.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Driving to various locations to pick up /receive mail, packages, patients, or prescriptions.
- Unload, sort, count, date stamp and distribute mail and or packages; assisting patient in and out of vehicle.
- Process returned mail or packages.
- Maintains and keeps delivery vehicle clean and in proper operating condition.
- Conducts vehicle inspections on a daily basis.
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records of all reports such as transportation logs, vehicle maintenance logs, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, or vehicle condition reports.
- Reports an accidents or incidents with delivery vehicle in a timely manner.
- Ensure that vehicle is locked and secured when unattended.
- Assists patients, family members as necessary.
- Complies with company(s) confidentiality policies and procedures as well as any local state or federal law governing patient information/data.
- Participates in meetings, training and in-service education as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be assigned to work in mail room or warehouse and the duties may include: move heavy shipment to the designated delivery zone and clear loading dock area after delivery.
- Prepare outgoing mail and operate a postal meter to run postage on the envelopes.
- Undertaking bulk work orders (for printing / folding / binding / dispatching of outgoing materials) from internal Departments.
- Requires a H.S. diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year driving experience as a courier or route driver.
- Requires a a valid federal/state/local drivers license.
- Experience driving a commercial vehicle and previous experience in healthcare environment strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.