Advanced Analytics Analyst
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Advanced Analytics Analyst
Employs advanced analytics to gain critical insights into member behavior drivers and preferences, product/program concepts and value propositions, operational effectiveness and efficiencies, client specific health gaps and needs.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Independent development of SSRS documents and tools used within department to automate external facing materials used for common department functions such as reports, notices, letters, etc.
- Independent use of SAS or equivalent analytical tools for development of reports, data sets, etc
- Performs established analysis for opportunity assessments.
- Executes identification and risk stratification to evaluate metrics to assess outcomes; performs defined analyses to assess proper outcome metrics for various programs/initiative.
- Understands the pitfalls and limitations with analyzing practical data and the ability to ensure data and analysis quality.
- Basic knowledge of common analytical methods such as profiling a customer segment, experimental design and regression analysis.
- Solves analytical problems independently; delivers assignment/projects timely and accurately; collaborates with other analytical team members effectively; presents analyses effectively to non-analytical audience.
- Ability to independently translate pertinent information and findings into usable presentations for leaders.
- Possess strong intellectual curiosity and analytical skills.
- Requires MS, MA, or PhD with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Epidemiology, Engineering, Computer Science or Operations Research; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Working experience with SAS or equivalents analytical tools; working experience with Teradata, SQL, or equivalent data base tools and up to 3 years direct experience applying statistical/analytical tools to solve research/practical problems with some exposure to health care or related fields STRONGLY preferred.
- Intellectual curiousity and strong desire to master analytical skills strongly preferred.
- Experience with Tableau or equivalent experience with other data visualization tools strongly preferred.
- Experience with SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) or similar tools are strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.