Field Advanced Practice Provider
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be providing the Aspire services in home settings, traveling within your designated territory to provide excellent care to a small number of patients daily.
This means you will develop and implement clinical plans of care for adult patients facing chronic and complex conditions (e.g., co-morbid medical and mental health diagnoses, limited personal resources, chronic medical conditions.) You will gather history and physical exam and diagnostics as needed, and then develop and implement treatment plans given the patient’s goals of care and current conditions.
An important element of the role is the ability to meet the patient’s and family’s physical and psychosocial needs with support and input from the Aspire inter-disciplinary team.
Our NP/PAs educate patients and families about medication usage, side effects, illness progression, diet and nutrition, medical adherence and crisis anticipation and prevention.
Each day, you will be in contact with other Aspire clinical team members, patients’ other physicians and patients’ other medical providers to coordinate optimal care and resources for the patient and his or her family – in a timely basis and consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy.
You’ll be supported along the way by our Patient Care Center, which provides another layer of interaction with the patient and patient families and provides our NP’s and PA’s clinical and non-clinical administrative support.
Each day, you’ll maintain patient medical records and medical documentation consistent with state regulations and Aspire Health standards and policy through our EMR system.
Participate in continuing education as required by the state where you reside.
Prescribe medication as permitted by your state prescribing authority.
- Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner OR Physician Assistant with appropriate certification and licensure in the state where you reside is required
- 2+ years of experience in home-based services, complex cases, and hospice and/or palliative care is preferred; some bedside hospital, oncology, ER or ICU experience is highly preferred.
- Possession of DEA registration or eligibility required
- CPR certification required
- Experience working with EMR (Electronic Medical Records) systems is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills preferred to ensure that each of your interactions with patients, family caregivers, clinicians, and team members is effective and meaningful.
- Bi-lingual English / Spanish a plus.
- Reliable transportation is required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.