Behavioral Health Case Manager II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Behavioral Health Case Manager II
This position is a field based position that will be located in the Clark County, NV (Las Vegas) with up to 75% of local travel. (Although this is a field-based position we are currently providing telephonic outreach due to the pandemic but hope to return to field work as soon as we are able).
Responsible for performing case management telephonically and/or by home visits within the scope of licensure for members with behavioral health, physical health, and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder needs.
Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Completes face-to-face visits with the member in the home, hospital, and other community settings, such as doctor's offices, treatment centers, etc.
- Responds to more complex cases and account-specific requests.
- Uses appropriate screening criteria knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs.
- Conducts assessments to identify individual needs and develops specific care plans to address objectives and goals as identified during assessment.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of the care plan and modifies the plan as needed.
- Supports member access to appropriate quality and cost-effective care. Coordinates with internal and external resources to meet identified needs of the members and collaborates with providers.
- Identifies members at high risk for complications and coordinates care in conjunction with the member and the health care team.
- Identifies members that would benefit from an alternative level of care or other waiver programs.
- Assists in problem-solving with providers and the health care team.
- Serves as a resource to other Case Managers.
- Participates in cross-functional teams projects and initiatives.
- Must be located in the Las Vegas, NV area and have the ability to travel (temporarily telephonic only due to the pandemic) up to 75% in Clark County area.
- Requires MS or MA in social work counseling or a related behavioral health field or a degree in nursing; 3- 4 years of clinical experience in social work counseling with broad range of experience with complex psychiatric, complex medical and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license as an LPC, LCSW, LMHC, LPC, LMFT, RN or Clinical Psychologist to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in Nevada is required.
- Previous experience in case management and telephonic and/or in-person coaching with members with a broad range of complex psychiatric/substance abuse and/or medical disorders.
- Managed care experience required.
- Experience in health coaching and motivational interviewing techniques preferred.
- Experience working in a field-based position.
- Strong computer skills including working on multiple computer platforms simultaneously
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide - and Anthem approves - a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.