Community Health Worker
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Aspire Health is the nation’s largest provider of home-based palliative care. We partner with health plans and physicians who share our vision of providing comprehensive, collaborative medical care to offer relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of serious illness in the comfort of a patient’s home.
Community Health Worker
Location: Nashville, TN
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Community Health Worker is responsible for serving as a liaison/connector between the patient, care team, and the community. Helps to bridge conversations with patients and remove barriers that prevent them from accessing health and social services. Conducts telephonic and/or face-to-face outreach to panel of patients for appointment scheduling, needs assessment, and care gap closure.
How you will make an impact:
• Meets patient in clinic, facility or at home to help identify social determinants of health impacting patient’s health and general well-being.
• Collaborates with social worker and/or care manager to develop action plan.
• Develops trusting relationship with patients by providing support and advocacy to help achieve health goals.
• Assists patients in accessing health-related services and community resources, such as accompaniment to specialist appointments and assistance with enrollment forms.
• Facilitates communication between all parties (patients, families, colleagues, and community-based organizations) as needed.
• Documents interactions with patients and on behalf of patients in medical record. Attends meetings as required.
• Requires a High School diploma or GED and experience utilizing electronic medical record as well as a minimum of 1 year experience in a healthcare, community-based, or social work environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Travel may be required.
• Bilingual preferred.
• Certified Community Health Worker preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.