Strategy Director - Specialty Product Management SRx
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Strategy Director, Specialty Pharmacy Benefits Products
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
A proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, IngenioRx leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical-first lens, to deliver member-centered, lasting pharmacy care.
The Strategy Director is responsible for end-to-end product lifecycle management in IngenioRx’s Specialty Pharmacy Benefit Division, including the identification of new opportunities to help contain costs and optimize outcomes for clients and members, as well as influencing cross-functionally to achieve flawless execution. This position reports to the VP of Specialty Pharmacy Product Management.
[This position can work remotely from anywhere in the US]
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, the ability to:
• Research relevant trends and marketplace activities and work collaboratively with leadership to define business strategy and sustain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
• Champion breakthrough new product &/or enhancement initiatives to achieve business goals on time
• Translate strategy into defined programs/projects, priorities, tactics, and timelines
• Gain financial support including influencing cross-functional partners to drive business case completion and securing capital funding
• Manage initiatives in a self-directed manner to achieve aggressive timelines while ensuring multi-organizational alignment and attainment of both regional and enterprise strategic plans
• Continuous needs assessment to drive year over year enhancements
• Champion related project &/or process steps to transform our current business environment into an industry-leading best practice organization.
• Create and present extremely high-quality presentations to stakeholders which may include executive levels.
• Define, develop, and implement metrics to report and monitor progress against goals
• Monitor, measure, and communicate delivery against plans and the quality of outcomes.
• Develop, track, and monitor budget and spending.
• Act as a decision-maker/SME on projects & guide on complex issues and projects
• May manage vendor interaction and management, including vendor selection, contract, and rate negotiation, issue resolution, developing and reviewing statements of work, representation on vendor business and Executive committees, speaking engagements, etc.
• Often takes responsibility for additional projects sponsored within the team.
Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including 3 years of leadership/management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Highly preferred skills and experience:
-Experience with specialty drugs
-Pharmacy Benefits Management Experience
-Experience using client needs/marketplace feedback to drive product solutions
-Ability to drive order out of ambiguity and implement flawlessly with attention to detail
-Client-facing experience a plus
-Master’s degree preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.