Business Info Analyst, Sr. (Pharmacy/Healthcare)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Business Info Analyst, Sr. (Pharmacy/Healthcare)
Location: Work From Home/Remote (At this time, only considering candidates who reside in the following states: Ohio, Connecticut, Missouri, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, Virginia, Kentucky or Illinois)
Travel: May require minimal travel
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
A proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, IngenioRx leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical-first lens, to deliver member-centered, lasting pharmacy care.
How you will make an impact:
Responsible for analyzing, reporting and developing recommendations on data related to complex and varied business metrics. Typically provides technical assistance to lower level staff.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Creates and maintains databases to track business performance.
- Analyzes data and summarizes performance using summary statistical procedures.
- Develops and analyzes business performance reports (e.g. for claims data, provider data, utilization data) and provides notations of performance deviations and anomalies.
- Creates and publishes periodic reports, as well as any necessary ad hoc reports.
- May require taking business issue and devising best way to develop appropriate diagnostic and/or tracking data that will translate business requirements into usable decision support tools.
- May make recommendations based upon data analysis.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in related field and a minimum of 3 years data analysis or related experience; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries is highly desirable.
- High Proficiency to Expert level experience in Excel and Powerpoint is crtical and strongly preferred in this role.
- Experience with SQL and SAS is critical and highly desirable.
- Experience with relational databases and knowledge of query tools and statistical software is strongly preferred.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience with executive level communication and presentation skills is strongly preferred.
If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions.
- Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role-specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.