Product/Pilot Innovation Director (Remote)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities, Make an extraordinary impact
A proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, IngenioRx leverages the power of new technologies and a strong, clinical-first lens, to deliver member-centered, lasting pharmacy care. Reporting to the Staff VP, Product Strategy the Product Innovation Director is responsible for identifying opportunities based on analyses, competitive and market insights and client emerging needs, creating a strategic roadmap for pilots/test and learn opportunities that will reimagine pharmacy care- for now and in the future- for integrated Anthem/IngenioRx ASO and Fully Insured clients, as well as the open market. The leader strives to continually improve the solutions for our Buyer groups, creating segmented solution sets at the market, buyer segment and solution levels.
This position engages significantly with the matrixed resources (Clinical Operations, Pricing, Product, IT, Business Development, etc.) that collaborate to develop, produce, pilot, implement, and service new products. In this capacity, the leader will create both standalone pharmacy and integrated pharmacy/medical solutions that bring value across the total addressable market: clients/prospects within Anthem as well as carve out payor agnostic strategic solutions designed to meet current and emerging market needs and drive significant profitable growth and retention of our market base. Primary Interfaces include Integrated Segment resources such as the IngenioRx PBM leadership, sales and account teams, commercial plan market segment leaders, commercial product, pharmacy clinical account services, pricing team, underwriting, product and medical account services, and pharmacy operations, analytics, IT, legal, and compliance.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop strategic plans and execution needs for new and emerging solutions, driving business case development, market trends and insights and securing funding to grow and retain business, creating a differentiated position in the market.
- Developing a vision of how pharmacy care can transform to a digital first, virtual first, member/patient centric ‘whole person’ and connected experience.
- Develops executive level relationships (higher-wider-deeper) to define our strategy and success criteria for the future as well as drive plan execution throughout the organization.
- Translates strategy into defined tactics, programs/projects, priorities and timelines and ensures alignment and attainment of both the regions and the enterprises strategic plans to turn strategy into reality.
- Attends select best & final high quality presentations to feature innovation initiatives and/or pilot recommendations working with sales and account teams.
- Oversees the definition to exceed the retention, satisfaction and product expansion goals by focusing on key product opportunities, including key performance indicators such as member NPS, Client NPS, Cost of Care reduction and profitable growth.
- Monitors, measures and communicates delivery against business strategic plan and the quality of outcomes.
- Researches relevant trends and activities in their area of expertise to create an innovation COE type of approach, with opportunities to co-create with our clients in select markets.
- Collaborates with Anthem commercial product team/innovation partners, key stakeholders critical to the successful launch of differentiating products and services across Pharmacy Sales/Account Directors, and all IngenioRx cross functional partners/resources that support the PBM business.
- Often acts as decision maker on projects and drive the business case for proposed pilots, securing funding to create an ongoing innovation pipeline for all pharmacy lines of business.
- Champion's breakthrough projects to transform our current business environment into industry leading best practice organization and lead an innovation pipeline and best practice PLM approach, meeting goals for engagement, retention, satisfaction and growth within a highly accountable and visible framework focused on driving results to plan.
- Manages vendor interaction and management, including vendor selection, contract and rate negotiation, issue resolution, developing and reviewing statements of work, representation on vendor business and Executive committees, speaking engagements, etc.
- Often serves as the subject matter expert in projects and initiatives and evaluate new opportunities for revenue growth such as new product expansions.
- Issue management for product development and operationalization and client implementations.
- Requires a BS/BA degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including 3 years of leadership/management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior strategic planning, project/program management, and vendor management experience strongly preferred.
- Business knowledge in multiple disciplines within a Healthcare organization strongly preferred.
- General business management, P&L ownership, product strategy methodology, innovation best practices, product management including design and use of market research to direct and execute new product innovations preferred.
- Experience with Specialty Pharmacy product management in the healthcare and pharmacy benefit management a plus.
- Entrepreneurial and visionary professional, with the ability to create a vision and successfully articulate the vision to all levels of the organization.
- Experience leading cross functional initiatives and executing within a large matrixed organization, building relationships at multiple levels to achieve objectives and aligned value.
- Successful experience developing and executing short and long-term strategic growth plans.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Successful experience presenting to C-suite leadership.
- Clinical and HC Operational acumen preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.