Director, Technology - DevSecOps
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Director, Technology – DevSecOps
Primary Location: Atlanta, GA; Remote Work Eligible
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Director, Technology - DevSecOps is responsible for the setup and maintenance for application-specific Cloud, Network, Security and Operations infrastructure. Additionally, the incumbent will be responsible for Change and Release management functions. As a leader of the DevSecOps shared service team you will collaborate with application delivery leaders, project management, other engineering teams, and the broader company to ensure alignment on Anthem’s key business and technology delivery goals.
How you will make an impact:
- Develop and implement DevSecOps strategic roadmap to support development, delivery and maintenance of IT systems and solutions.
- Identify, assess, and recommend DevSecOps tools, technologies, processes and methods as well as implement industry-standard best practices for automated E2E application delivery CICD pipelines.
- Integrate tools within application delivery pipeline to support automated testing, static and dynamic code scanning, productivity and quality measurement and production monitoring.
- Collaborate with Application delivery, Enterprise and Solution architects and recommend infrastructure and environment setup.
- Support internal and external audits pertaining to DevSecOps, Change & Release management.
- Ensure disaster recovery and business continuity plans are implemented, monitored, and updated on a recurring basis.
- Measure, monitor, and report DevSecOps metrics and KPIs on regular basis.
- Negotiate the resolution of intra-organizational issues in the balanced best interests of IT and the Business.
- Drive consistency in engineering practices and have a healthy focus on ensuring outcomes and delivery.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Lead and support the needs of Business and IT strategic roadmap.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with key Business and IT stakeholders.
- Responsible for attracting, mentoring, and retaining a high performance DevSecOps team.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years of IT management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Ability to manage across geographically diverse associates and vendor partners strongly preferred. If this job is assigned to any Government Business Division entity, the applicant and incumbent fall under a `sensitive position' work designation and may be subject to additional requirements beyond those associates outside Government Business Divisions. Requirements include but are not limited to more stringent and frequent background checks and/or government clearances, segregation of duties principles, role specific training, monitoring of daily job functions, and sensitive data handling instructions. Associates in these jobs must follow the specific policies, procedures, guidelines, etc. as stated by the Government Business Division in which they are employed.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
- 7+ years of strong hands-on DevSecOps leadership experience.
- 5+ years of cloud (AWS preferred) infrastructure/environment setup and maintenance experience.
- 5+ years of experience with industry leading DevSecOps tools such as but not limited to BitBucket, Bamboo, GitLab, Docker, Jenkins, Maven, Terraform, Red Hat Openshift, Splunk, and DataDog.
- Recent significant experience with implementing CI/CD in an enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated track record of leading within matrixed organizations requiring strong influence leadership skills - ability to work collaboratively at all levels in matrix environment.
- Outstanding partnership, listening, written and verbal communication skills with ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements and architecture conversations with all partners (management, business users, and technology resources).
- Exceptional level of professionalism and operate with a high level of dedication to customer service.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.