Medical Writer SR
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Title: Medical Writer SR
Location: Wisconsin | Chicago, Illinois | Bryn Mawr, Illinois | primarily remote; candidate does not have to reside in posted state but must be able to travel to Bryn Mawr Anthem Pulse Point location
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
AIM Specialty Health is a benefit-management leader in Illinois and a proud member of Anthem's family of companies. Our platform delivers significant cost-of-care savings across an expanding set of clinical domains, including radiology, cardiology and oncology.
The Medical Writer SR is responsible for leading the development of final study reports, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and all other publications presenting the study findings of Diversified Business Group research teams across all lines of business.
How you will make an impact:
• Coordinates the development of publication outlines and formulating a completion timeline for all manuscripts and presentations.
• Investigates and recommends additional sources of literature and advises on the most advantageous and cost effective ways for accessing literature from external sources.
• Develops and writes study summaries and reports, presentations, abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for submission to clients, major medical conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
• Consults with business leaders to identify business objectives.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of communication plans, strategies, copy and materials, and recommends communication strategies and implementation approaches.
• Collaborates with clinical and creative teams on customer needs and develops and implements customized communication solutions.
• Researches, writes, edits, and reviews clinical content for traditionally printed programs (collateral, provider and member communications, direct mail, etc.) and/or digital programs (micro sites, mobile, etc.).
• Synthesizes clinical information and translates into comprehensible insights
• Ensures all materials meet internal and external business and legal standards, and follows appropriate corporate standards, guidelines, and approval processes.
• Identifies improvements/efficiencies that support operational excellence, and supports business initiatives (plain language, standardization, going paperless, etc).
• Requires a BA/BS degree in a life-science discipline and a minimum of 5 years related experience in researching, analyzing and writing presentation and publication quality products based on complex clinical, medical and pharmacy claims and health economics data; or any combination of education and experience which would an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experiences:
• MS in a related discipline preferred.
• Familiarity with primary clinical literature, clinical guidelines and/or medical policies
• Working knowledge of the AMA (American Medical Association) Manual of Style or similar style guide
• Working knowledge of PubMed and literature search methodology
• Experience with WordPress and DocuShare or SharePoint
• Experience formatting documents (Word, PDF, and web)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.