Electric File Transfer Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Electric File Transfer Engineer
Location: This position eligible for full time remote schedule. Location within 50 miles of an Anthem office preferred, preferred locations are Baltimore MD, Denison TX, Harrisburg PA, Syracuse NY. All other locations will be considered.
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
This role will solve problems, performs analysis, researches, and tests functions for Electronic File Transfer processes and systems. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides trouble resolution on complex problems; serves as an escalation point for the most complex systems issues or resolutions; develops root cause analysis activities that resolve significant system issues.
- Work with Linux shell scripts, work with IBM Sterling Connect (Direct or Business) and SQL.
- Utilize experience with Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), Secure Shell (SSH) protocols and concepts.
- Provides trouble resolution and serves as point of technical escalation on complex problems.
- Leads or plans implementations for EFT systems and networks; develops testing plans to ensure quality of implementation.
- Creates presentations and seeks IT management's approval and acceptance of significant replacements or reconfigurations of major business systems serving a business unit or location.
- Participates in the design of the enterprise architecture.
- May be assigned to project teams for technical consultation to business partners and developers.
- Oversees enterprise mix of vendor services; recommends changes and updates to strategy; may act as key contact for setting vendor support strategy.
- Leads Level 3 and 4 incident recoveries; may organize the efforts of other analysts as part of incident recovery; leads root cause analysis efforts.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 5 years of experience required in a support and operations role in any of the following areas: servers, networks, telecommunications, storage, mainframe, operating systems, middleware, disaster recovery, collaboration technologies, or hardware/software support; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Experience working in a large file transfer environment.
- Prior experience with Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) (nice to have) or banking regulated IT experience.
- Familiarity with Tibco Managed File Transfer (MFT) Platform Server or Internet Server
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile project management.
- Able to communicate complex technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Experience writing technical documentation for internal team use and users.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.