Medical Assistant II
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***
Medical Assitant II
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
The Medical Assistant II is responsible for assisting clinicians in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides front and/or back office support.
- Greets patients in a friendly, service oriented manner in compliance with Care Center (CCC) or Medical Group.
- Practice protocols and workflows.
- Oversees patient check in by ensuring medical records/charts have been pulled, patient data is current, appropriate paperwork is in order, and charts are reviewed/prepared.
- Interviews patient, measures vital signs and records reason for visit.
- Explains procedures, performs treatments, and administers prescribed medication.
- Oversees patient check out by scheduling follow up appointments, collecting co-payment if applicable, ensuring paperwork is complete.
- Schedules and confirms patient's appointments.
- Reconciles co-payments at the end of each day.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Medical Assistant certification from an accredited school of training required.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) may be required.
- For CareMore business units, satisfactory completion of a Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position.
- For Simply Health business unit, phlebotomy background strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.