Financial Consultant Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
This role is responsible for providing financial analysis to the Diversified Business Group.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as liaison between finance leadership and business unit.
- Conducts and documents complex financial and business related analysis.
- Focuses on business improvement initiatives and projects.
- Supports month end financial statements and analysis.
- Helps prepare annual and quarterly forecasts.
- Supports preparation of internal management reports and comprehensive analyses of financial and statistical results to support management.
- Coordinates with actuarial on pricing actions and reserve calculations.
- Support the planning and annual budgeting & forecast processes.
- Ensure adjacent financial processes are compliant with applicable Anthem, Inc. Policies.
Requires a BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 6 years budgeting, forecasting, and accounting financial reporting experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Minimum of 2+ years in a B2B business, ideally healthcare with a focus on Medicare Advantage business
- MBA preferred. CPA, CMA, FSA and/or CFA preferred.
- Strong knowledge of internal business processes, data flow, controls and our financial systems preferred.
- Knowledge of CMS regulations (federal and state) ideal.
- Experience rolling out new technologies from the financial support side (not sales)
- Ability to see the big picture and navigate to what will be significant growth
- Demonstrated superior oral, written, and interpersonal communication, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical ability, strategic planning, organization, project management, and leadership skills
- Ability to successfully interface at all levels with the customer, industry, and corporate interfaces
- Experience and understanding of risk management, regulatory compliance, audit and controls
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.