Program Manager (Regional Special Programs)
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Program Manager (Regional Special Programs)
Location: Work From Home/Remote (Currently only considering candidates in the Southern California area)
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
How you will make an impact:
The Program Manager, Regional Special Programs will be responsible for the development and ongoing management of several initiatives and relationships in a specified region that will support implementation and capacity-building efforts under CalAIM. The Program Manager will collaborate closely with team leadership and other internal departments to support business strategies through an integrated portfolio of internal and external client-facing projects or initiatives and may have responsibility for contributing to the development of larger enterprise/regional external client-facing programs. The Program Manager will be responsible for developing and spearheading local program engagement efforts; for developing policies, processes and workflows; for coordinating with team members on day-to-day program operations; and for coordinating local program status and evaluation efforts.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and coordinates the development, approval, implementation, and compliance of ongoing internal/external client-facing programs.
- Develops program budgets, ensures programs meet stated objectives, develops program success measures, and performs periodic assessments of program success.
- Provides subject matter expertise in response to day-to-day client-facing business issues.
- Manages external client-facing relationships and partners with corporate and regional business areas to promote program success.
- Develops training plans related to client-facing programs.
- Researches applicable subject matter practices and remains aware of industry trends.
- Develops and implements local engagement and capacity-building plans.
- Requires a BA/BS and a minimum of 5 years of external client-facing experience in program/project management; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities, and Experiences:
- Graduate degree preferred
- Project management certification preferred.
- Experience in working with the Medi-Cal population, including but not limited to seniors, persons with mental or physical disabilities, or individuals who are homeless preferred.
- Experience working with local agencies preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Must have strong PC skills (Word, Excel, MS Project, Outlook).
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.