Data Warehouse Consultant Senior
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Data Warehouse Consultant Senior
The preferred locations for this position are Cerritos, CA, Nashville, TN, Indianapolis, IN
and Atlanta, GA but other locations will be considered
The Data Warehouse Consultant Senior is top-level contributor responsible for partnering with internal and external business clients and IT to fulfill information needs and support business decisions. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Instructs, directs and reviews the work of less experienced data warehouse analysts.
- Acts as team leader for large-scale, complex projects and sets and communicates common goals and directions for team.
- Maintains information policies and procedures to support current and future data information needs and ensures proper data definitions, ownership, use and integrity of data.
- Analyzes highly complex business user needs, documents information requirements, facilitates the identification of potential gaps in available data and collaborates with business areas to determine best means for acquiring the data needed.
- Collaborates with IT resources on the creation and maintenance of the content of the data warehouse, establishes and maintains advanced knowledge of data warehouse data structure design, definitions, capabilities, SQL, and data integrity issues, completes metadata assessment and reviews feedback to determine changes, ensures that data definitions are clear and current, and communicates changes to data definitions to all users.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of all major subject areas (i.e., claims, coverage, provider, income, capitation, etc.).
- Collaborates with IT resources and data owners to define business objectives and definitions for databases including business rules, sources, purge archive criteria, and reload schedule.
- Lead initiatives for data modeling and governance for reporting in a big data environment.
- Collaborate with IT by providing data modeling requirements and be a thought leader for relational database management between multiple sources.
- Track and communicate project timelines, requirements, and obstacles with alternative solutions.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree
- More than 8 years’ experience in data analysis, data modeling, and working with automated data warehouse systems experience or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- Experience in SQL, GQL, SAS, Business Objects, and OLAP preferred.
- Excellent analytical, communication, problem-solving, and planning and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to lead and plan complex, large-scale projects strongly preferred.
- Working with Tableau Server published data sources or other equivalent business intelligence concepts required.
- Familiarity with SOX compliant data work flows is a preferred skill.
- Familiarity working with Kanban boards, Agile, Sprints, or any other equivalent project management experience is also a preferred skill.
- Experience with data modeling for EMR data (member level detail, claims data, visit data, and other transactional data pertaining to an EMR)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.