Senior Advisor Data QA Engineer
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
AIM Specialty Health. Our mission is making healthcare services appropriate, safe and affordable. To make this possible, we need talent like yours to help us support innovation and speed to market with our solutions, providing no barriers from technology. AIM Specialty Health is a proud member of the Anthem family of companies and we are looking for technology professionals who are looking to grow their talent and career while helping make a real difference in people’s lives.
Senior Advisor Data QA Engineer
The preferred locations are Chicago, Deerfield, Schaumburg and Westchester, Illinois
as well as Glendale, CA
The Senior Advisor Data QA Engineer (IT Quality Control Senior Advisor) position is viewed as an experience resource in the developing testing strategy and master test plan to support testing objectives and execution of data warehouse related and ETL related activities. Primary duties may include but are not limited to:
- Undertakes complex assignments requiring additional specialized technical knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels within the organization is strongly preferred.
- Manages the relationship with project/program stakeholders (IT and business. Leads and coordinates all testing within a project/program.
- Plays a leadership role in the design, development, and implementation of testing components. Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure developed product conforms to requirements and design.
- Reviews/Approves all project related test assets for completeness and quality.
- Collects testing metrics, reports status as defined in test plan with supporting data.
- Manages both onshore and offshore test execution resources for project under test.
- Accountable for Test Data Management, collection of requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories, ID gaps, align Configuration Management and Release Management on data needs and own test data provisioning tasks.
Department Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Test execution in development, test, and production environments for each build, sprint, and release in the iterative development lifecycle.
- Design and create test cases and scripts to address business and technical use cases
- Leverage existing tools and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing/validation function.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues with relevant teams to achieve root cause identification and resolution.
- Document, track and escalate issues, as appropriate.
- Support production deployment of applications and perform "validation testing".
- Provide independent assessments of software development implementations against defined processes and recommendations.
- Analyze user stories to determine the appropriate testing methods and processes; Conduct test case reviews to ensure test cases accurately capture functionality identified in user acceptance criteria.
- Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study.
- Minimum of 7 years related experience.
Preferred Skills, Capabilities and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience testing Business Intelligence applications, as well as Data Integration/Data Warehousing testing to include:
- Core knowledge of ETL testing
- SQL writing, VI, ETL workflow and rule validation experience.
- Setting up the performance testing strategy for a data warehouse application
- Understanding of CI/CD tools, data governance and Agile project management skills.
- Experience in production support from Level 1 to Level 3.
- Experience in Health Care Domain preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of hands-on experience with Cloud Technologies like AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with ETL Tool: DataStage, SSIS or similar technologies.
- Strong SQL and analytical skills. Experience developing APIs will be a plus.
- Hands-on experience in designing and implementing data pipelines in cloud platforms
- In-depth knowledge of various core AWS services such as IAM, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, ECS, EMR/Spark, SQS, SNS, Glue suite-ETL job, Data Catalog, Crawler, Data sync, Cloud Health, CloudWatch, Lambda, Athena, Quicksight, DMS and Redshift.
- Experience working with relational databases including Oracle, SQL Server, T-SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Experience working in event driven architecture; hands-on experience working with JSON and tool – RabbitMQ.
- Experience working with Sybase and MongoDB a plus
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.