Customer Care Representative II - Bilingual
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Customer Care Representative - Bilingual
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be
part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
The Customer Care Representative is responsible for responding to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits, provider contracts, eligibility and claims. Proficient in all basic customer service areas performs some but not all types of moderately complex function
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information, activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision, receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting. Outbound calls are conducted in the ZipDrug business area.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent and previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Ability to work from home with internet access and a quiet and private workspace.
- Bilingual (Spanish) or multi-language skills required.
- Must be able to pass a validated language test/assessment.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills
- A passion for serving others with the ability to be empathetic and the desire to go above and beyond to help resolve members questions at the first point of contact
- A customer advocate willing to listen and find creative solutions to address and resolve customers questions, issues or concerns
- A composed individual able to multi-task, navigating multiple computer applications and working efficiently while communicating and serving the customer
- Must have a strong work ethic and sense of responsibility to your teammates and our members, demonstrated by the simplest things like being on time and available to meet member’s needs, to being accountable for commitments made to customers or others and ensuring follow-ups are completed.
- Flexible and quick learner, willing to adapt to changing customer and business needs.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.