Medical Underwriter Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Location: Remote (100%)
Responsible for determining the acceptability of medically underwritten risks for more complex cases.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Calculates appropriate group/individual premium rates for new business and renewal in accordance with Corporate Underwriting Guidelines and federal and state statutes.
- Proposes new business rates for complex cases ensuring rating compliance, utilizing a combination of medical applications, additional medical information, and manual rates.
- Calculates renewal rates for complex cases utilizing a thorough analysis of medical experience, location, demographic nature, etc.
- Evaluates medical information in order to assign appropriate underwriting decision.
- Monitors and review rating compliance reporting with actuaries for assigned business.
- Analyzes and responds to written and verbal underwriting inquiries.
- Review reports for cost containment opportunities. Interacts frequently with administration and actuarial areas.
- Requires a BA/BS in a related field; 3 years of related experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Stop-Loss Insurance Background and cost containment experience.
- RN, BSN-related courses preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.