Financial Accounting & Reporting Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Lead role in the Financial Accounting & Reporting (FAR) organization supporting the provider capitated reimbursement team.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the capitation production process, including review of monthly payment results, financial trends, and related reporting.
- Leads resolution of production related issues partnering with IT, operations and provider network teams.
- Oversee implementation of provider contract requirements into the capitation system, ensuring accurate and timely set-up.
- Works on extremely complex problems/issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible factors, innovative solutions, and effective and collaborative leadership.
- Ensures requirements of Sarbanes-Oxley are being met.
- Partners with other Finance and Accounting teams, providing capitation payment analysis for proper financial statement reporting and plan/forecast analysis.
- May lead teams of associates.
- Mentors, trains & coaches more junior analysts
- Requires BA/BS in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of 6 years’ experience in general accounting, finance, or budgeting and planning; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- CPA, CMA, or MBA preferred. Prior experience working an automated data system strongly preferred.
- Healthcare, managed care or provider network knowledge
- SQL, advanced excel skills
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.