Medicare Business Development Director
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Amerigroup is a proud member of Anthem’s family of brands, offering Medicaid and Medicare plans in several states. We also provide administrative services to Medicaid plans in partnership with blue cross blue shield plans.
Location: Remote within Colorado or Washington state, preferably close to an office location
The Business Development Director is responsible for coordinating and overseeing growth and profitability objectives for all Medicare products in a multi-state region, reporting to the Regional Vice President Medicare Market Performance.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes assigned market trends and shares competitive intelligence to develop business strategies.
- May partner with the sales team on strategies and related activities and/or with Marketing/Product on new products/services, and implementations.
- Works with matrixed business partners to achieve objectives to drive improvement in Medicare Stars scores, accurate documentation for risk adjustment purposes, and the development of successful value-based relationships to improve outcomes for members.
- Provides oversight and serves as an SME/business representative to key projects.
- Develops business plans and formulates strategies for both new and existing businesses, partnerships, joint ventures and/or alliances.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations on the external environment as part of the development of strategic plans for Medicare.
- Analyzes major competitor strategies. Identifies and monitors changing patterns of competition and recommends responses.
- Plans and coordinates with the reporting and data analysis team to accomplish the business objectives through information management.
- Creates business cases and/or obtains resources (people, funding, material, support) business information needs and strategic initiatives.
- Provides leadership in motivating indirect subordinates to accomplish reporting and data analysis goals and objectives.
- Reports project status and progress to VP segment business and other management.
- Implements product/operational changes resulting from changing legislation/regulations.
- Requires a BA/BS in Business, Healthcare Administration or related field
- Minimum of 8 years in business or related experience including 5 years of progressive direct/indirect leadership responsibilities; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Preferred skills, capabilities and experience:
- Master’s degree or project management certification (PMP) preferred.
- Experience in business/product/network development and/or marketing preferred.
- An understanding in Organizational, analytical, facilitation, consultation, negotiation, persuasion and project management skills.
- Medicare or Medicaid experience.
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $108,000 - $135,000 (Min – MRP)
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place to Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.