Strategy & Program Development Growth Director - Community Health
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Job Title: Strategy & Program Development Growth Director - Community Health
Location: Flexible - Work from Home - EST strongly preferred
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
The Strategy & Program Development Growth Director is responsible for coordinating the relationship of Community Health with internal partners and the GBD Business Development team to deliver successful outcomes for Anthem’s business growth and procurement activities.
Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain a strong working knowledge of competitor activity, strengths, and programs related to Community Health in the business through ongoing review of competitive intelligence and competitor RFP responses; leverage competitive intelligence to make recommendations to Community Health leadership regarding future investments, opportunities to strengthen Anthem’s offerings, and continuously improve Anthem’s capture strategy for Community Health
• Partner with local Medicaid health plans to assess Community Health landscape, conduct SWOT analyses, and develop effective capture plans to enhance local offerings in advance of RFPs; work collaborative with key subject matter experts, health plan leaders and business owners to identify operational or capability gaps impacting success, and subsequently address and close gaps prior to RFP release
• Maintain a detailed and working understanding of general and specific social and economic conditions that influence health, including but not limited to housing, employment, education, transportation, food, and interpersonal violence, as well as their relationships with health equity; provide expertise in Community Health program and strategy development, including process and advocacy efforts
• Collaborate with Community Health team to identify new or enhanced capabilities to include in proposal responses; identify market-specific requirements, operations, or processes that present challenges or opportunities to Community Health programming
• Develop and drive the capture strategy related to Community Health, designing differentiated and competitive Community Health solutions that align with market priorities, and making recommendations to health plan leadership related to investments and initiatives to strengthen the health plan’s position in advance of the RFP; drive discussions and workgroups necessary to develop key deliverables needed to meet capture strategy goals and objectives
• Manage the timely completion and maintenance of Business Development templates and tools designed to document capture strategy and status, ongoing capture activities, health plan resources related to Community Health, and Community Health programs and innovations to be incorporated into Anthem’s RFP response
• Leads the development of high-quality proposal responses related to Community Health that address state specific priorities, are responsive to RFP questions, fully leverage Anthem’s investments and innovations in Community Health, and position Anthem’s proposal to be highly compelling and competitive; drives live proposal strategy sessions related to Community Health to ensure alignment on all proposed solutions and approach
• Participates in all levels of review for RFP drafts, collaborating with writers, health plan leaders, and other subject matter experts to finalize content and ensure responsiveness to all assigned RFP questions for Community Health and contribute as a subject matter expert to other questions that engage/involve Community Health as a secondary owner.
Requires a BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 10 years of related experience including 5 years of leadership experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Knowledge and experience in the products and services of the respective industry strongly preferred. MBA preferred. Ability to travel may be required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.