Systems Analyst Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Respond to the ongoing reporting needs of Military OneSource and other federal contracts, as needed, to include the delivery of assigned reports in a timely and accurate manner and provide oversight and project management skills to junior level analysts. Possess ability to provide systematic and data related support to Military OneSource and other federal contracts.
*Please Note: Associates in this job working from a California location are eligible for overtime pay based on California employment law. *
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Develop reports, reference tables and/or data marts in accordance with the guidance provided by the Director of Reporting. This is to include full and accurate documentation of all required elements and criteria, and the validation of the end product to ensure intended results are being achieved. Assist Business Systems Analyst with learning this process.
• Function as the liaison (primary) between the Reporting team and the Director; the liaison (secondary to Director) between the Reporting team and Military OneSource, or other federal contracts, as needed. This will include being able to perform root cause analysis, and make informed recommendations for efficient and effective approaches to completing projects/tasks and responding to requests for explanation of variances, data anomalies and constituent data.
• Research, develop, analyze and deliver timely and accurate periodic and ad hoc reports that meet the agreed upon threshold for timely measurement.
• Applies and mentors use of best practices to acquire and aggregate data.
• Anticipates and identifies opportunities for improvement.
• Ensures reporting processes are accurately documented and map to approved requirements.
• Assists in developing training documentation and proactive identification of additional documentation needs.
• Maintain exposure to and proficiency of reporting processes and skillsets including but not limited to programming languages, and will apply wide-ranging experience and knowledge of professional concepts to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways. Guide implementation of new reporting processes to support operational changes.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 3 years experience with data analysis and/or building reports using a variety of technologies; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Extensive proven experience in use of and querying from relational databases, including use of SQL or MySQL.
• Proficiency is using software and tools for data analysis and other office computing software applications (word processing/spreadsheet) is required. Preference to proficiency with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and SAP Crystal Reports.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.