Senior Technical Project Manager
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
AIM Specialty Health is a benefit-management leader in Illinois and a proud member of Anthem's family of companies. Our platform delivers significant cost-of-care savings across an expanding set of clinical domains, including radiology, cardiology and oncology.
Senior Technical Project Manager
Preferred location - Chicago IL
Other locations will be considered
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
AIM Specialty Health is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager who will work independently with business partners to identify and implement medium to large technical projects, as defined by Company methodology, such as broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development, building enterprise applications or data warehouse planning and development. Manages projects at least $5-7 M in size or equal complexity. Directs system analysts, software designers and programmers to determine best methods to achieve project objectives.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems. In addition to all responsibilities of a project manager which include managing all aspects of a project including initiating, planning, executing, closing and controlling, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coaches and mentors project team members; mentors other project managers around project management methodology; determines project scope; develops resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans
• Develops training plans; develops requirements documents; develops project approval matrix; identifies project team training and tool needs.
• Defines, recommends and secures contractual agreements for technical services and products; coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans, and develops service-level agreements for vendor partners and global resources firms; defines quality gates for each project methodology phase; defines critical success factors; establishes and manages the project warranty period.
• Acts as subject matter expert for project and program management related tools and processes.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 7 years project management experience in broad-based information systems, full life-cycle application development and/or building enterprise applications and/or data warehouse planning and development with 3 years leading and directing project tasks; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Requires experience working with project management tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools required
• Experience in Cloud migration is a plus
• Should be experienced in creating an effective team environment, building strong relationships, negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts, managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Project Management Professional certification (PMP) strongly preferred.
• Experience working with portfolio management applications and Rational tools strongly preferred.
• Experienced in using JIRA
• Should have experience leading and managing various functional and technical projects/programs
• Understanding of Agile practices, Scrum, Kanban and SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.