Director, Innovation Operations
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Director, Innovation Operations
*This position is eligible for work from home
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
As Director, Innovation Operations, you’ll report to the Chief of Staff, Innovation and help shape the team’s portfolio and direction by owning planning, budgeting, process improvement, and reporting, directly influencing the success of solutions and services that are transforming healthcare. You will work cross functionally across Innovation, engaging with most programs and projects to gather, inform, track, and refine their straegies, roadmaps, resources, and outcomes to ensure their success.
This is an execution focused role for someone is skilled in driving implementation, managing priorities, projects, and stakeholders to deliver solutions on time and budget. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward.
How you will make an impact:
• Own critical Innovation operations functions including planning, budgeting, reporting, and process improvement, partnering with initiative leaders to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions and services from MVP through deployment at scale.
• Program responsibilities such as executive reporting, project communications, issue tracking, facilitating project meetings, managing deliverables, and ensuring resolution of escalated issues.
• Develop and coordinate presentations and materials for executive management meetings, internal and external speaking engagements and meetings.
• Develops, monitors, and tracks metrics (OKRs) supporting budget and spend, including financial plans and business cases.
• Identifies, tracks and reports on areas for increased efficiency, identifies, validates, recommends and implements solutions to address them.
• Helping manage team performance against team strategy and goals. Adept at managing timelines, presenting and communicating progress to executive teams.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
• Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact with minimal oversight.
• Work collaboratively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team.
• Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 15 years experience in information technology, healthcare, consulting, and/or consumer technologies; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
• Relentless focus on execution. Strong record of planning, organizing, tracking, reporting, and presenting on high value technology-enabled solutions from seed to scale.
• Excellent communication with an eye for detail, an ear for important items, and a focus on the concise and accurate delivery of key messages across emails, spreadsheets, presentations, meetings, and reports.
• Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture while connecting dots and finding opportunities for collaboration.
• Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
• Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
• Masterful cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical stakeholders can collaborate effectively and stay engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project
• A “radar” for identifying when you or a struggling project needs additional guidance from leadership and being able to escalate it appropriately.
• Ability to insightfully examine the status quo, analyze opportunities for improvement, creatively generate solutions, and demonstrate the grit to realize the change.
• Ability to effectively collaborate and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.