Patient Enrollment Specialist I
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team!
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Patient Enrollment Specialist I
Location: TN, VA, NC, IN, WI, GA, AZ, KY, AL, NV, MN
Build the possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
The Patient Enrollment Specialist is responsible for new patient acquisition. The role is critical to drive the growth of the organization and meet our enrollment commitments to our customers and partners. The role focuses on reaching out to prospective patients to explain Aspire’s services, addressing a variety of inquiries, gathering feedback, and scheduling the initial in-home appointment.
The Patient Enrollment Specialist has an ability to react very quickly and be nimble in providing responses and meeting the needs of the patient and our internal team members in a timely, calm, and professional manner.
How you will make an impact:
You are the first person our newly referred patients interact with at Aspire. Your mission is to develop a deep level of trust for patients in the most vulnerable chapter of life, understanding their needs, engaging the patient on how Aspire can best support them & their families, and orchestrating the initial engagement with our clinical team.
- Major activities include:
- Making outbound calls for prospective patients and working to ensure the efficient scheduling of initial in-home appointments
- Ensuring that the patient receives a detailed explanation of Aspire’s services
- Expedite emergency clinical calls as needed
- Process new appointments or changes to existing appointment
- Own, manage, convert, and enrolling an assigned referral base
- Ramp new Advance Practice Provider’s census and maintain APPs at target census
- Schedule appointments at the “best time” by considering the needs of our patients within the context of the APP’s overall schedule and availability
- Demonstrate compassion for individual needs, attention to detail, and collaborating with other team members are critical success factors of this role
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and continuous improvement while participating in the call quality monitoring processes
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with other corporate and field based team members to ensure patients receive exceptional service
- Document accurate and concise patient/family feedback and special needs during each call in our computer systems, enabling our market-based clinicians to provide excellent care during each appointment
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least 3-5 years of comparable work experience.
- Previous telephonic and / or face to face sales experience strongly preferred.
- Able to work the schedule for this position- M-Fri 9am-6pm CST.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.