Pharmacy Technician II - Tampa Hybrid
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
***$1,000 Sign On Bonus***
Pharmacy Technician II
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
The Pharmacy Technician II is responsible for the review and decisions for prior authorization processing on moderately complex injectable drugs for Medicare members.
Primary duties may include, but not limited to:
- Verifies member information and inputs data for the pharmacists.
- Educates members on pharmacy based rules related to prescriptions and medication resources or assistance programs.
- Processes prior authorization requests from physician's offices and ensures compliance with Medicare requirements; informs relevant parties of all prior authorization determinations.
- Ensures the request has the appropriate physician orders and clinical information needed, requests any missing information, and reviews request using established criteria to determine medical necessity.
- Provides resolution to grievances and appeals issues.
- Responds to inquiries from physicians, sales team, and members related to benefits.
- Maintains record keeping of prior authorizations and monthly reports.
- Requires an active, professional license, if required by state law, State Pharmacy Technician Certification or National Certification based on applicable state(s) requirements, to practice as a Pharmacy Technician within the scope of practice in a state or territory of the United States.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 2 years of pharmacy experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Good computer and written, oral and interpersonal communications skills required.
- While this position is primarily remote, must be willing to attend monthly in person meetings at our Tampa office.
- For URAC accredited areas, the following professional competencies apply: Associates in this role are expected to have strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, problem-solving skills, facilitation skills, and analytical skills.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.