Staff VP Implementation
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Staff Vice President, Implementation & Execution Strategy for Anthem’s Diversified Business Group (DBG) is responsible for implementation strategy and driving consistent execution across all business units within DBG, Anthem, as well as external payor clients, market expansions, new business implementation, new product implementation and RFP strategy.
Reports to SVP and COO, International and DBG Leader
Staff 40+ nationwide
Key Partners DBG Business Unit COO
DBG COO Shared Service Leaders
DBG CIO, Product and Sales Leaders
Shared service leaders in DBG Finance, Compliance, Business HR and Legal
Location Anthem locations in CA, CO, CT, GA, IN, KY, ME, NV, NH, NY, OH, VA, WI
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Implementation strategy across all business units within Diversified Business Group; all lines of business (Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) with Anthem and external payor clients.
- Oversees leadership team(s) accountable for end-to-end implementation of DBG customer benefit plans.
- Develops and oversees critical cross-DBG strategic priorities within DBG Implementations, including client satisfaction and DBG Implementation strategic roadmap.
- Partner with Sales and Account Management Teams across DBG at account meetings and Sales Finalist Presentations to secure business growth for DBG.
- Develops and oversees strategies to resolve cross-DBG performance issues related to system capabilities, production support, controls and compliance plans.
- Partner closely with DBG CIO, Product, Sales and BU COOs on RFP and product launch strategy across DBG
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- BA/BS degree in a related field and a minimum of 15 years in a leadership role directing large-scale, complex implementation programs within a healthcare environment.
- Deep experience with payor processes (contracting, demographics, product launch)
- Experience working with c-suite executive leadership (client-facing, Anthem & external health plans)
- Knowledge of healthcare product design, sales and go-to-market strategy
- M&A, growth and scaling business operations
- PMO background, experience driving results in complex technical landscape (firewalls, differing BU systems for claims/PDM/config, etc.)
Master’s Degree strongly preferred. PMP or similar project management certification preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.