Senior Director, Care Delivery Provider Technology
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
CareMore is a proud member of the Anthem family of brands, offering clinical programs and primary care options for seniors. We are a team of committed clinicians and business leaders passionate about transforming American healthcare delivery.
Senior Director, Care Delivery Provider Technology
Preferred location: CA
This position is eligible for WFH
Build the Possibilities. Make an extraordinary impact.
Responsible for leading and managing strategic and operational aspects of Information Technology (IT) including architecture, development, vendor management, and support. Directs multiple work functions and major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact for a large provider organization comprised of 43 clinics and 1300 clinicians who provide care wherever the patient needs it: in their home, at the hospital, in our clinics, and virtually.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Manages a set of applications including clinical, administrative, and analytic provider systems.
• Develops solutions using Agile methodology.
• Interfaces with key IT solution vendors; develops strategies and facilitates performance measurement plans to optimize vendor and associate performance and outcomes.
• Develops technology roadmaps for the care delivery organization ensuring alignment with enterprise architecture and roadmaps.
• Oversees strategic planning, budget development, and management, contract compliance, and any necessary integration of government regulatory requirements.
• Ensures disaster recovery and business continuity plan are implemented, monitored, and updated on a recurring basis.
• Delivers and supports system solutions that support the operations of their functional areas on a 24x7x365 basis.
• Plans and executes annual projects while maintaining profit and loss (P&L) responsibility.
• Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key business partners.
• Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
• Requires an BA/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field of study and a minimum of 8 years of IT management experience, experience leading IT within a health care organization (ambulatory setting), experience managing multiple tasks and projects; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Health care (ambulatory provider) industry experience is strongly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.