Business Development Spec Sr
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team! We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Business Development Spec Sr. is responsible for supporting competitive intelligence efforts for Medicare. The position will be responsible for developing and presenting strategic positioning recommendations to the Director of Competitive Intelligence; including benefit comparison, competitor enrollment analysis, as well as compiling and analyzing news related to the Medicare industry. The position will also focus on RFP deep dives that have an impact on the Duals growth strategy.
*This is a fully remote position*
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops business plans and formulate strategies for both new and existing businesses. Monitors and analyzes product lines to help determine optimal strategy.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations on the external environment as part of the development of strategic plans for the business unit.
- Analyzes major competitor strategies. Identifies and monitors changing patterns of competition and recommends response.
- Acquires and maintains data/information on market, industry, economic, consumer and competitive conditions and trends pertaining to health insurance/managed care and related services.
- May lead or coordinate the activities of lower-level staff performing related functions.
- Requires a BA/BS degree and a minimum of 2 years of business development experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Strong analytical, organizational, presentation, and problem-solving skills strongly preferred.
- Tableau, R-Suite
- Medicare knowledge- highly preferred
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance.
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.