Finance Dir - Corp
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be Part of an Extraordinary Team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
Build the Possibilities. Make an Extraordinary Impact.
The Finance Director - Corp is responsible for all financial reporting analysis/cost and budget functions for business unit. Provides financial leadership, decision support and strategic direction to support the senior management team's achievement of the business plan. In this role you will be the finance point of contact for the Stop Loss Business Unit. This includes the responsibility of leading a monthly close for bundled and standalone stop loss. You will also provide some non-stop loss financial support to Ameriben, an Anthem owned TPA, to help them with their transition to Anthem. There might be opportunities to support other Large Group sub-segments as well but that model is in preliminary development phase.
How You Will Make an Impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides decision support/analysis and financial leadership to business unit President and senior management team.
- Conducts analysis and reporting to understand trends, variances and identify opportunities for margin and operational improvement.
- Leads the preparation of budget and forecasts that represent the best projection of future performance.
- Works with management to determine assumptions and identify new initiatives for the business unit.
- Ensures alignment of budget/forecast to business plan.
- Developing an outlook each month
- Owning the forecast/plan for standalone stop loss.
- Assisting with the forecast/plan for bundled stop loss.
Requires a BA/BS in accounting or finance and a minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in a high level financial analysis position for a publicly held company; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- MBA, CPA, CFM, or CMA
- Experience supporting senior management
- Prior leadership experience
Applicable to Colorado Applicants Only
Annual Salary Range*: $ 102,648 - $ 128,310
Actual compensation may vary from posting based on geographic location, work experience, education and/or skill level.
* The hourly or salary range is the range Anthem in good faith believes is the range of possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting. The Company may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in Colorado. This range may be modified in the future. No amount is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable under the terms and conditions of the applicable policies and plans. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole discretion, consistent with the law.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.