Program Director California Medicaid
DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Be part of an extraordinary team
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
This position requires that you live within the State of California.
The Program Director is responsible for the development and ongoing management of one or more external client facing programs that are multi-state, multi-function and multi-year in scope. Program directors typically support business strategies through an integrated portfolio of external client facing programs, projects and initiatives.
How you will make an impact:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Represent Health Plan on special projects and growth initiatives that result in performance improvements.
- Enhance relationships with local elected officials and local stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison with County Health and Human Services Agency and County Behavioral Health Departments
- Prepare and monitor reporting of activities for submission to Regulatory & Compliance departments.
- Build and maintain provider relationships, support local and community health collaborative initiatives, and serve on managed care related committees.
- Develop and deliver highly engaging visual presentations on program performance and projects/initiatives to external and internal leaders.
- Provides subject matter expertise in response to day to day business issues; researches applicable subject matter practices; and remains aware of industry trends.
- Develops documentation to support meeting presentations and the tracking and reporting of the program’s success.
- Provides day to day support and leadership to program managers
- Program directors typically manage external client facing programs that require managing activities and resources of multiple departments or business areas of the organization.
- Requires a BA/BS and minimum of 10 years experience in external client facing program management, business development, relationship building, complex business processes, strategic and business planning; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Resident of the State of California
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- MBA preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Anthem. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Anthem approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Anthem is able to reasonably accommodate. Anthem will also follow all relevant federal, state and local laws.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune Great Place To Work in 2021, is ranked as one of the 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a Top 20 Fortune 500 Companies on Diversity and Inclusion. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. Anthem is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact [email protected] for assistance
Please be advised that Anthem only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Anthem. Accordingly, Anthem is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Anthem. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Anthem.